Kidnapping of Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan
On September 3, 1990, my mother, Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan, was kidnapped from her hospital bed in the Bangkok General Hospital in Thailand. She was boarded onto a NorthWest airlines flight and taken to the United States. This ended that phase of a 6 year struggle starting in 1984 when her youngest son, Creighton Wesley Sloan, virtually kidnapped her out of the hospital ward at the Western State Hospital in Staunton, Virginia, where she was treating Alzheimer's type patients, and took her to his home in North Carolina.
Dr. Sloan escaped and later found out that Creighton had diverted her assets to his own personal control. Eventually, Dr. Sloan left the Commonwealth of Virginia altogether to get away from the harassment from her youngest son. In September, 1986, she fled the United States altogether.
In December, 1986, Creighton Wesley Sloan applied to Judge Richard Miller of the Lynchburg Circuit Court for an ex-party order freezing her bank accounts and other assets in Virginia. This order was granted summarily without notice, a hearing or any service of process on Dr. Sloan.
Dr. Sloan, who was in Dubai, United Arab Emirates at the time, found out about this in January, 1987 when her checks started bouncing. She was unable to hire counsel, because Creighton had either taken or frozen all of her assets. Nevertheless, fearing further physical abuse by Creighton, she refused to return to Virginia to contest the matter.
The freeze of Dr. Sloan's bank accounts and other assets has never been lifted. Dr. Sloan has never been afforded a hearing on this matter. Judge Miller refuses to conduct a hearing, stating that he has disqualified himself from the case. However, every other sitting judge in Virginia has declined to hear this case, citing conflicts of interest and the personal issues involved.
Since being kidnapped in September 1990, Dr. Sloan has been held prisoner in Aiken, South Carolina. Her $5,000 monthly pension and social security checks are being taken by Creighton W. Sloan. All of the parties and participants to this case are waiting for Dr. Sloan to die so that their participation in her criminal kidnapping will become "moot". Dr. Sloan was born on March 17, 1910. She is 86 years old and is still strong and healthy. Her legal adversaries have been waiting for more than ten years for her to die. They seem to be in for a long wait.
On September 3, 1990, a group, which included my brother, Creighton Wesley Sloan, kidnapped my mother, Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan, in Bangkok, Thailand. For four years prior to that, my brother had kept all of the bank accounts of his own mother frozen. Here is a letter from my mother to the judge protesting this freeze on her bank accounts: Re: Freeze on All Assets of Dr. Marjorie Sloan . Here is a letter from an attorney about this: Letter from Chadbourne, Parke & Afridi . These letters had no effect. The judge refused to consider them.
Here is my first letter to the FBI: Letter to the FBI about the kidnappings of Dr. Marjorie Sloan and Shamema Honzagool Sloan.
My mother spent four years on the run from relatives including especially her youngest son who were trying to have her kidnapped and to steal her money. Here are some photographs taken during those four years. I ask: Does this look like a woman who is 8incompetent and does not know what she is doing. Or, does this look like a capable woman who values her personal freedom and independence.
What do you think about this? Express your opinion about the Kidnapping of Dr. Marjorie Sloan
Here are links:
- Happy Birthday, Mother! (My mother is 90 years old today).
- Letter to Creighton's Lawyer
- Complaint to the Supreme Court of South Carolina
- Will of Dr. Marjorie Sloan
- My mother, Dr. Marjorie Jacobson Sloan, 92, has died
- Obituary of Dr. Marjorie Jacobson Sloan
- Transcript of Proceedings to Sell My Mothers House at 917 Old Trent's Ferry Road in Lynchburg, Virginia
- Order appointing Frank G. Davidson as Guardian ad litem for Helen Marjorie Sloan
- Is Sam Sloan the "Black Sheep" of his family
- My mother's lawsuit to lift the freeze on her bank account and to recover her stolen funds
- Letter from his mother, Dr. Marjorie Sloan, about this
- At the Acropolis in Athens, Greece
- With Shamema Honzagool Sloan in Abu Dhabi
- With an elephant on the Street in Sri Lanka
- With a Snake Charmer in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Shamema Sloan and Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan in Sri Lanka, 1987
- News Clipping of my mother, Dr. Marjorie Sloan, in 1966
- Birthday Party for Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan at age 80, March 17, 1990
- At the Crocodile Farm in Thailand
- My mother, Dr. Helen Marjorie Sloan, in 1988
- My mother, Dr. Marjorie Jacobson, in 1937
My Home PageContact address - please send e-mail to the following address: Sloan@ishipress.com